Do you have enough CIMS trained staff, ready to help with whatever response is around the next corner??
The CIMS framework works across all levels of response but your CIMS training needs to be more focused
The Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) is New Zealand’s incident management system. The framework works across all levels of response, but the way that the emergency services, CDEM and all-of-government agencies use CIMS, is different.
Your CIMS instructor/s should have ‘been there and done that’.
– If they are teaching CIMS to an all-of-government agency, which operates at the Regional or National Level, they should have experience in a coordination centre.
– If they are teaching CIMS to the emergency services, or staff that will be responding to an incident scene, then they should have experience on the frontline.
– If they are teaching CIMS to CDEM groups, then they should have experience with CDEM.
Face-to-face is a great option, but not your only option
The pandemic has shown us that there are options to face-to-face meetings, training and Incident Management Team meetings.
CIMS training is no different. Pre 2020 an agency had very little option but to bring their people together, into the same room, for a days training. Now we know that, if done right, the training can be done face-to-face, online (Zoom or Teams) or via video training. All three methods have their good points, and their bad points
Introduction to Incident Management and CIMS – including NZQA CIMS 3 assessment
The Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) is New Zealand’s incident management system. There is an expectation, from government, that all emergency response and government agencies will use CIMS when dealing with incidents. With the introduction of the 3rd edition there is a further expectation that CIMS training will be standardised and all government agencies will implement CIMS as per the doctrine.
Most CIMS courses are aimed at the incident level response. Participants of these courses learn a lot about how the police, fire and ambulance use CIMS “on the scene”. We offer this version of CIMS.
Our “all-of–government” courses are different. We understand that most of the people involved in response, from government agencies are involved in local EOC, or Coordination Centre (ECC, NCC or NCMC) responses. Our participants walk away from our one day, introductory course with an understanding of what Incident Management is, why CIMS is the NZ Incident Management system, and how it is applied at all levels of response.
Emergency Preparedness Services (EPS) is a preferred CIMS training provider, with contracts or agreements in place to deliver CIMS training for the Department of Conservation, Ministry of Business and Innovation, the Ministry of Primary Industries, the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. We’ve also taught staff from many other Ministry’s including Ministry of Justice, Department of Corrections and NZ Transport Agency, through our online, All-of-Government courses.
We can help you meet your CIMS (3rd edition) training needs, either through face-to-face, live online (Zoom or Teams), or through video training (backed up by Zoom/Team online sessions, monthly).
We currently offer two standard CIMS courses.
- Introduction to CIMS – a one day course which introduces students to incident management, CIMS 3rd edition, and basic expectations for working at an incident control point, or in a coordination centre, during a response. Upon completion of the training, attendees will be able to take an online assessment to earn NZQA credits for CIMS2 (standard 32158).
- Using CIMS as part of an Incident Management Team – this is a follow-on, two day course, which goes into more detail of how CIMS is used to mange an incident. Participants will learn about each team members functions, how they contribute to managing and incident and how to participate as a member of the Incident Management Team, whether they be at an incident control point or in a coordination centre.
‘In-house’ courses. A single agency, in-house course, will be customised specifically for your agency. The examples and scenarios will be tailored to the incidents your agency is likely to respond to.
We have a standard, daily rate for any government department running in-house courses, anywhere in NZ
Emergency Preparedness Services is an Emergency Management Consultancy established by Dave Greenberg.
Dave spent over two years, beginning in April 2020, working for the Ministry of Health in a variety of roles including Response Manager for the Covid-19 Response Team, Controller and Response Manager for the Waikato DHB Cyber attack, CIMS trainer and member of the Emergency Management Team.
Prior to that Dave spent 25-years, taking part in nearly 4000 missions, as a crewman on the Wellington-based Westpac Rescue Helicopter.
After leaving the leaving the rescue helicopter Dave taught CIMS to hundreds of people, from the emergency services, search and rescue sector and local and central government. He has also developed and facilitated multi-agency, mass rescue exercises, throughout New Zealand.
Our Instructors. Dave, as well as all of our instructors are people who have lived and breathed incident management through their roles in Police, Fire, Ambulance or a rescue helicopter service. Our instructors bring real life experience to the CIMS training, ensuring that participants have real-life examples to assist in their learning.
References, course evaluations, etc. We can put you in touch with emergency management, business continuity and training/development people, from the organisations we work with, who can give you honest feedback on our courses. We can also share evaluation summaries from our courses.
Security Issues. We understand that government agencies have various levels of security requirements. If you require a CIMS facilitator with national security clearance, we can most certainly help.
Costs. We have standard government daily, and ‘per head’ rates, for our CIMS training. We will gladly provide our pricing schedule during our first conversation.
Your Next Step:
1. Call Dave Greenberg on (04)801-6550 or +64-29-233-8284 OR
2. Click here to email Dave and let him know a good time to give you a call